There have been plenty of technological changes when it comes to TVs and digital TV services. We have witnessed this rapid growth in Australia and the subsequent switching off of the analogue signal as people have transitioned to digital TV services. These changes have gone hand in hand with hardware changes that have included high definition TVs and web streaming services.
Taking Advantage of the Digital Revolution
The digital revolution in TV has provided viewers with a great many new services and benefits, including but not limited to:
- Web streaming: As our access to faster Internet has increased through the widespread roll-out of broadband services, we have also taken advantage of digital streaming services that have given us plenty of access to movies, TV shows, and other media content.
- More channels: One of the great things about digital TV is that we now have access to more TV channels than ever before! This means that we now have more content from which to choose.
- Higher definition: TV hardware has also undergone some pretty big changes in recent years. High definition screens mean that we can watch media that is of much greater visual clarity.
Why You Might Need a New Antenna
It’s great to be able to take advantage of all of the new features and services that digital TV offers us, but how well is your current TV antenna coping? If you are finding that your digital TV viewing experience is not so great, it could be because you actually need a new antenna installed. You may even need your cables checked or new ones installed. If you are looking at a new TV antenna in Rockingham, the good news is that there are experienced installers who can come out and provide service.
Here are just a few signs that you might need a brand new antenna installed:
- A corruption of the digital TV signal that results in freezing on your screen.
- Blocky artefacts on the screens as the digital signal is not received with clarity.
- Audio that is unclear or contains strange pops and clicks.
- Unable to receive certain digital TV stations that may have weaker signals.
If you want to take full advantage of the digital media revolution when it comes to watching TV, an old antenna may just not be up to the job. It may be too old to receive the best signal, it may be damaged, or it may even need realignment on your roof. You would be surprised at what a difference a new antenna can make to your viewing experience!