Ready mix concrete, or RMC, is a customised solution that is manufactured under a controlled environment. It is used at construction sites where timeliness is a concern. You can realise savings as well when you choose an RMC solution.
Other Reasons to Choose an RMC Solution
RMC benefits include the following:
- Reduced cement consumption by as much as 12%. This is due to better mixing. A further reduction can be realised if cementitious substances or mineral admixtures are applied.
- Versatility with respect to placement. RMC can be tailored to meet the placing requirements of the contractor.
- Because RMV uses bulk cement versus bagged cement, pollution from dust is minimised, thereby saving more cement.
- Because more cement is saved, the energy and resources used in producing RMC are conserved.
- Environmental pollution is reduced because of a lower production of cement.
A Reduction in Labour Costs
Using ready mixed concrete and mortar in IG11 also reduces the need for additional labour. As a result, human error is not as much of a concern. Also, when RMC is used, you do not have to set aside storage space for such raw materials as cement, water, aggregates, or admixtures.
RMC provides a ready-made solution as you do not have to worry about erecting and dismantling a site-based batching plant. You also do not need to hire equipment or concern yourself with the costs associated with depreciation. The activity reduces air and noise pollution and involves a lower consumption of diesel and petrol as well. Therefore, you can better stay on top of site activities and costs when you opt for this type of concrete service.